A standard guideline or criteria supporting the need for accreditation.
Topic: A standard, guideline, or criteria supporting the need for accreditation.
For each Module, please complete the following tasks for a specific standard, guideline, or criteria supporting the need for accreditation:
- Identification of the specific standard, guideline, or criteria.
- Present the exact standard, guideline, or criteria that will be critiqued in the Module SLP.
- Review and examine the facts and data supporting the standard, guideline, or criteria. (Focus on the scientific information, research data, and findings of professional groups.)
- Critique and analyze the body of information that you have researched and developed for the selected standard, guideline, or criteria.
- Present your findings and opinion on the adequacy of the selected standard, guideline, or criteria.
- List of references.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Comment: You may consider the justification for an independent accreditation organization as opposed to government for this topic.
APA FORMAT/ COVER LETTER REQUIRED/ NO PAGE LIMIT
Optional Background Readings:
Bardsley, M. (2017). Learning how to make routinely available data useful in guiding regulatory oversight of hospital care. BMJ Quality & Safety, 26(2), 90.
Chazal, R. A., & Houser, S. (2016). The ACC and AHA. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 68(24), 2708-2709.
Hut-Mossel, L., Welker, G., Ahaus, K., & Gans, R. (2017). Understanding how and why audits work: Protocol for a realist review of audit programmes to improve hospital care. BMJ Open, 7(6)
Knopf, A. (2016). 10 steps to prepare for accreditation. Behavioral Healthcare, 36(4), 24-25.
Knopf, A. (2016). Examine the trends in accreditation. Behavioral Healthcare, 36(4), 22-25.
Ornstein, C. (2017). Secret data on hospital inspections may soon become public. Washington: NPR.
Science; Study results from university hospital update understanding of quality control science (ISO 15189-accredited laboratories fulfill the JCI hospital accreditation standard requirements for the use of referral laboratories: Report of a consensus …). (2016). Science Letter, 1413.
The importance of avoiding denial of accreditation. (2016). Briefings on Accreditation and Quality, 27(9), 1-4.
The Joint Commission introduces revised pain assessment and management standard for accredited hospitals. (2017). Professional Services Close – Up.
Wickersham, M. E., & Basey, S. (2016). Is accreditation sufficient? A case study and argument for transparency when government regulatory authority is delegated. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 39(2), 245-282.