Select a client from clinical experience with a acute hyperthyroidism. Based this condition, conduct a literature search for two research articles that discuss various approaches to the treatment of this condition. Peer reviewed articles must address the standardized procedure or guidelines for hyperthyroidism. Incorporate the research findings into decision-making for this client’s treatment. In the paper, compare and contrast or address how treatment or the plan may have been different based on the research findings. The discussion on relating research to practice should be 3-4 pages and include references. The research articles must be an original research contributions (no review articles or meta-analysis) and must have been published within the last five years. Cover the criteria listed below. The paper should be APA formatted and no longer than 10 pages.
- Reviews topic and explains the rationale for its selection in the context of client care. (2 pts)
- Evaluates key concepts related to the topic. 2 pts)
- Describes multiple viewpoints if this is a controversial issue or one for which there are no clear guidelines. (2 pts)
- Assesses the merit of evidence found on this topic i.e. soundness of research (5pts)
- Evaluates current EBM guidelines, if available. Or, recommends what these guidelines should be based on available research. Discuss the Standardized Procedure for this diagnosis. (5 pts)
- Discusses how the evidence did impact/would impact practice. What should be done differently based on the knowledge gained? (3 pts)
- Consider cultural, spiritual, and socioeconomic issues as applicable. (2pts).
- Utilizes APA guidelines, cite references (2 pts)
- Writing style at the graduate level (2pts)
- Length: no longer than 5 pages, including references
- Format: APA Formatted
- Research: reference page and turnitin required