Are discounts enough to satisfy customer demands?.
Decision Making Failure
Within two months, Carnival, one of the world’s most famous cruise lines, experienced “troubled waters.” One ship lost power and, as a result, the crew restricted the ability of passengers to go on and off the boat. Another of the cruise line’s ships lost its ability to steer properly and had to be towed to the next destination. In order for the cruise line to redeem itself, it is now offering vacation trips at $38 a night.
Click here to read the article titled “Carnival Cruise Line in More Troubled Waters.”
Click here to read the article titled “Another Problem Cruise: Second Carnival Ship in Less Than a Week Experiences Trouble at Sea.”
Now, using the South University Online Library, research other situations similar to the one described above and provide answers to the following questions:
- Are discounts enough to satisfy customer demands? Why or why not? Describe what other actions the cruise line can take to assist with rebuilding their reputation and making passengers happy in the future?
- What led to malfunction of the cruise line? Explain. Use the provided articles and research from two other reputable research sites to support your answer.
- Did leadership on the cruise line use the right course of action during and after the incidents?
- Were proper ethical actions used in these instances? Why or why not? Were their actions appropriate from an ethical perspective?
- Submit your report in a 2-3 page Word document, using APA style.
- Submit it to the Submissions Areaby the due date assigned.
- Name your document SUO_BUS3101_W4_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.