Choose one of these principles and examine how it contributes to social harmony.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 6
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options:
- Define the Confucian terms: ren, yi, li, zhi, and xin. Choose one of these principles and examine how it contributes to social harmony.
- What is wuwei? How does this ideal contribute to harmony with heaven? How does the Daoist idea of wuwei compare to Confucian notions of how one should live in the world?
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Respond to a peer who chose an option different from the one you chose. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 3 posts
- Initial Post Length: 200-300 words
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Molloy, M. (2013). Experiencing the world’s religions (6th ed.). New York City, NY: McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.