Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all..
Instructions to a project presentation:
I would like base this presentation on a topic related to pregnant woman and lowering their risk to complications .
1. Identify a health problem in your area of work, in which you can develop a preventive program.
2. Use APA format, project should be 10-15 pages long, not including references and presentation page.
3. References: For research please use the following sites as references: CINHAL, PUBMED, and/or COCHRANE.
4. Create a clinical question using the PICOT (problem/patient/or population, intervention/indicator, comparison, outcome, and time element or type of study).
5. Objectives of the presentation
· Define preventive services commonly offered to different types of communities, using Healthy People 2020.
· Explain how to develop and write a practical policy for preventive services
· Define the steps to develop Primary Health Plan.
· Explain the evaluation criteria of a primary health plan .
· Explain the commonly used methods for evaluating a preventive health program.
· Identify a health problem in which it is important to develop a preventive health program.
6. Use information listed on Healthy People 202 site and power point attached.
7. Include interventions (Primary, Secondary, and tertiary preventions)
· Primary: Health promotion and specific protection
· Secondary: Early diagnosis, prompt treatment, and disability limitation
· Tertiary: Restoration and rehabilitation.
8. Choose one of the four overarching goals to work on the project:
· Attain high quality, longer lives free of preventable disease, disability, injury, and premature death.
· Achieve health equity, eliminate disparities, and improve the health of all groups.
· Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all.
· Promote quality of life, healthy development, and healthy behaviors across all life stages.