Define and discuss on Cloud Computing. Many organizations have adopted cloud computing. In this assignment, you will research cloud computing and explore its advantages and disadvantages. You will also consider best practices for adopting cloud computing, selecting a particular cloud computing service model, and assessing and mitigating security risks. For your research, please consult Chapters 13 and 14 of your textbook and these articles:
- “A Brief Review: Security Issues in Cloud Computing and Their Solutions.”
- “Cloud Computing Security Risks: Identification and Assessment.”
- “Cloud Computing – Recent Trends in Information Technology.”
Note: If you wish you may consult additional articles, but this is not required.
Specifically you will write a 3–4-page paper in which you:
- Outline the planning process that needs to be in place before adopting cloud computing.
- Be sure to identify the stakeholders who need to be involved and the discussions that need to take place.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing.
- Describe the methodology you would use to select a cloud computing service model.
- Review the security risks and mitigation activities that need to take place before adopting cloud computing.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and integrate into the assignment at least three quality, peer-reviewed academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Include your textbook as one of your resources.
- Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for your paper to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Review the basic security implications of modern computing environments.