Define complementary and alternative practices as identified by current health paradigms. .
Remember is a Reflection about the class
1) Minimum 9 ull pages
Minimum 3 pages per document- not words
Cover or reference page not included
2)¨**********APA norms, please use headers
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraphs
Bulleted responses are not accepted
You can write in the first person.)
3) It will be verified by Turnitin and SafeAssign
4) Minimum 4 references not older than 5 years.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
You must submit 3 documents (each one 3 pages).
Copy and paste will not be admitted.
You should address the questions with different wording, different references, but always, objectively answering the questions.
1) Introduction (minimum 1/2 page):
Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. Course Reflection
Introduces the purpose of the reflection and addresses BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) pertinent to healthcare policy and advocacy. (See file 1)
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the course.
-Define complementary and alternative practices as identified by current health paradigms.
– Discuss history for complementary and alternative medicine.
-Given case studies, describe the extent to which complementary and alternative health practices are encouraged and used among multiple cultures.
– Relate concepts into clinical practice.
– Analyze the research regarding the efficacy of selected complementary and alternative practices and products.
– Integrate alternative therapies within patient’s personal plan of care.
2) Body (minimum 2 pages):
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to Complementary and Alternative Health Care and:
1“Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of highquality nursing care, healthcare team coordination, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings.
2. Demonstrate leadership and communication skills to effectively implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team.
3. Demonstrate an awareness of complex organizational systems.
4. Demonstrate a basic understanding of organizational structure, mission, vision, philosophy, and values.
5. Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives, recognizing that these are complex system issues, which involve individuals, families, groups, communities, populations, and other members of the healthcare team.
6. Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process, and outcome measures to identify clinical questions and describe the process of changing current practice.
7. Promote factors that create a culture of safety and caring.
8. Promote achievement of safe and quality outcomes of care for diverse populations.
9. Apply quality improvement processes to effectively implement patient safety initiatives and monitor performance measures, including nurse-sensitive indicators in the microsystem of care.
10. Use improvement methods, based on data from the outcomes of care processes, to design and test changes to continuously improve the quality and safety of health care.
11. Employ principles of quality improvement, healthcare policy, and cost-effectiveness to assist in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystem and/or systemwide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery.
12. Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enable systems to change.
13. Compare/contrast the roles and perspectives of the nursing profession with other care professionals on the healthcare team (i.e., scope of discipline, education and licensure requirements).
14. Use inter and intraprofessional communication and collaborative skills to deliver evidence-based, patient centered care.
15. Incorporate effective communication techniques, including negotiation and conflict resolution to produce positive professional working relationships.
16. Contribute the unique nursing perspective to interprofessional teams to optimize patient outcomes.
17. Demonstrate appropriate teambuilding and collaborative strategies when working with interprofessional teams.
18. Advocate for high quality and safe patient care as a member of the interprofessional team.” (AACN, 2008, pp.14,22).
3) Conclusion (minimum 1/2 page)
An effective conclusion identifies the main ideas and major conclusions from the body of your essay. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the pertinent BSN Essential and sub-competencies (AACN, 2008) pertaining to scholarship for evidence-based practice