Define the various ethics for dummies. 1. What is bias, and how does it differ from perspective?
2. Why do many feminists complain that traditional ethics is biased toward men?
3. Describe Lawrence Kohlberg’s model of moral development. Why did Carol Gilligan believe it was an example of male bias in ethical thinking?
4. What is the justice perspective, and why is it significant to feminist thinkers?
5. What is the difference between descriptive and prescriptive theories? Which is Kohlberg’s?
6. What is the difference between the atomic model of the self and the relational model? Which is emphasized in feminist ethics?
7. What is care, and how is it central to feminist ethics?
8. What is partiality, and how is it central to feminist care ethics?
9. What does it mean to say that care ethics is particularistic?
10. Why do many critics feel that care ethics is inappropriate for public life?
11. Why do many critics feel that care ethics is inappropriate for abusive relationships?
12. Why do many critics feel that care ethics might actually be bad for women?