) Describe and discuss the development of Early Christian church architecture.. Part I: From the following list of questions, choose TWO to answer.
1) Explore the religious beliefs of both the ancient Sumerians and Egyptians. Citing examples, explain how their religion influenced their architectural designs and other artwork.
2) Discuss the cave paintings from the Wall Painting of Animals from Chauvet Cave and Great Gallery at Horseshoe Canyon, Utah. Why are these two sites so important? What are the major differences between the two sites and the artwork depicted within them?
3) Describe and discuss the development of Early Christian church architecture. Cite examples.
4) The Romans are admired for their achievements in engineering and architecture. One of their crowning achievements is the Pantheon. Describe the unique characteristics and discuss the significance of this building. How did it influence future architectural designs?
5) Compare and contrast Romanesque and Gothic architecture. Cite examples of both styles and discuss the specific characteristics of each style.
6) Describe the three main stages of Greek civilization. Citing examples, discuss the artistic characteristics of each.
7) What led to the development of the Neolithic art? How would these changes affect the images created? Compare and contrast Paleolithic and Neolithic art.
Part II: Of all the various art historical styles from Pre-History through the Medieval West era, which do you feel is the most interesting and why? Have you seen evidence or influences of these styles in current, daily life? If so, how or where?