Describe the differences or similarities between the United States and your chosen country for the MAS and UAI dimensions..
please cite these videos
Write a 1,200-word paper about how Masculinity/Femininity and Uncertainty Avoidance affect you relating with people in another culture of your choice. Discuss how the cultural differences affect communication, motivation, and teamwork. Use the culture that you chose to study throughout the course. In addition to Hofstede et al. (2010), use the Bible, and cite at least two other sources that support your discussion from the SEU library Cross Cultural Leadership Lib Guide. Many of these are e-books if you are not local. Include a short introduction and conclusion to the paper and a reference page. I highly recommend the country specific Culture Smart books. Use APA citations. See grading rubric.
- Use the Hofstede Insights website software to compare the United States to another culture in all six dimensions. Graph the cultural dimensions using the software. Use a screen shot and post the picture to your document.
- The culture should be a country that you plan to study throughout the course. Choose a culture that you have interest. It could be a place where you have visited, lived, or worked. It could be from your cultural heritage. Or it could be a place you plan or want to go to in the future. You will use this same country in all your papers. Make sure the country is one that Hofstede covers. If not, see me about some possible alternatives.
- Describe the differences or similarities between the United States and your chosen country for the MAS and UAI dimensions. Are your chosen country and the US high, low, or near the middle? I like to think of them in quintiles: very high, moderately high, middle, moderately low, and very low.
- Using the tables in the Hofstede et al. (2010) chapters, find six specific things that might affect communication, motivation, and teamwork. One item for each area per cultural dimension. How would you promote the similarities or mitigate the differences?
- Make your report professional looking!