Describe your current nursing philosophy and reflect on how it supports your goals and aspirations..
This week, you will submit your long- and short-term goals presentation. You will submit a copy for grading, a copy to your ePortfolio, and you will submit a copy to the discussion board to share with your peers.
Videos can be recorded using any software or tool, but all videos are required to be uploaded to My Panopto Videos for assignment submission.
You can also use the Panopto Desktop Recording tool to create your video.
Click here for detailed Panopto instructions.
Follow these assignment parameters in your presentation:
- Identify 3 short-term goals and 3 long-term goals related to your professional aspirations. You may also include a 5-year plan. These goals should be reasonable within the time frames presented.
- Describe how you plan to meet your professional goals:
- What steps will you take?
- What milestones will you set? (How will you know you are making progress?)
- How will you use your strengths to meet your goals?
- What challenges do you foresee, and how will you overcome them to succeed in meeting your goals?
- Include opportunities to leverage your ePortfolio and other resources to meet your goals.
- Explain how this nursing program and specific courses or assignments within it impacted your goals (goals met and goals still to achieve).
- Identify specific achievements during your program (e.g., a goal GPA, an attendance goal, certificates, improved writing skills)
- Self-evaluate your success at meeting the program outcomes and essentials.
- Identify memorable assignments or courses, epiphanies, or moments when your course work directly impacted your professional work.
- Describe your current nursing philosophy and reflect on how it supports your goals and aspirations.
- Be sure to include an introduction (introduce yourself briefly) and a conclusion to your presentation.
- Your presentation should be between 7 and 12 minutes long.
- Your presentation must include both audio and visual components and be professional in nature.