Develop a minimum of ten questions that you would like to ask the advance practice clinician or non-clinician that you have chosen to interview..
On the Discussion Board we will be exploring conceptual models.Hamric’s Integrative Model of Advance Practice NursingThe AACN Synergy ModelStrong Memorial Hospital’s Model of Advance Practice NursingShuler’s Model of Nurse Practitioner PracticeThis week you will describe how these models may help APNs articulate professional role identify and function. Conceptual models will serve as a framework for organizing beliefs and knowledge about your professional roles and competencies and provide a basis for further development of knowledge.Question: Select one model from the above list and read the original source description. Address how well the model meets the following purposes:a. Helping to organize your beliefs and knowledge about advanced practice nursingb. Providing structure for research on advanced practice nursingc. Providing a coherent structure in which concepts important to advanced practice nursing are identified and related to one anotherd. Guiding curriculum development for advanced practice nursinge. Allowing practitioners to see the bigger picture so that they can provide holistic and comprehensive careParticipation Responses: No later than the due date assigned, review and comment on the discussion question responses posted by at least two of your peers and faculty. Continue to monitor your question and responses until the end of the week.Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. You are not writing an APA paper–but citing your sources in APA format. Assigned course readings and online library resources are preferred. Weekly lecture notes are designed as overviews to the topic for the respective week and should not serve as a citation or reference.In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrate a clear connection to the readings.In your participation responses to your peers, comments must demonstrate thorough analysis of postings and extend meaningful discussion by building on previous postings.
- Week 1 ProjectAssignment Due June 7 at 11:59 PMBased on your selected MSN program, write your first section of your ROLE paper using the following criteria: For this assignment, you will research an advanced nursing practice role and summarize your findings in a 2-4 page paper (excluding the title page and references):
- Focusing on the specialty for which you were admitted to South University, select an advanced nursing role to research. (It must be one offered by South University.)
- Distinguish the role as clinical or non-clinical and how it promotes patient outcomes, ie safety, access to health care or health information relative to the ANP level
- Apply an Advance Nursing Practice Concept to your chosen role
- Develop a minimum of ten questions that you would like to ask the advance practice clinician or non-clinician that you have chosen to interview. Identify in the paper the individual by name, credentials, position and your planned date for the interview (Interview is due Week 3)
- Support your findings with at least two research articles (study, design, sample and results must be discussed). Other peer reviewed articles that are non-research and nursing organization websites may be used. All articles must be current (not more than five years old, unless it is a hallmark reference; i.e. American Association of College of Nursing. (2010)).
- Format your paper, citations, and references using correct APA Style.
- Submission Details:
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.