Discipline or Termination?.
Your text for this course explains: â€œUnder the employment-at-will doctrineâ€¦employers can fire employees for any reason or for no reason at all (just not an illegal reason). But it rarely makes sense to do so. Instead, the decision to fire should be for a well-documented reason tied directly to the employerâ€™s business needsâ€ (Fleischer, 2018).
Respond to the memo with an argument which debates the position
- For memos arguing for discipline over termination, discuss what might happen if Rachella:
- Is still an employee during any lawsuits filed by the employees affected by her behaviors, or
- Does something like this again and the organization is sued. (LO1)
- For memos arguing for termination over discipline, discuss what might happen if Rachella:
- States that she had cleared all of her actions with the CEO and received full permission of these actions. She produces an email showing such is the case.
- How would this impact a lawsuit filed by the employees if Rachella testifies and produces that email? Ethically, how should you move forward with this situation?
The assignment must have at least three references