Discuss how you could utilize the philosophy/conceptual framework/theory/middle-range theory to organize your thoughts.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use resources from the University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.You may use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources or connect to the APA Style website through the APA icon below.
Post your initial response to one of the two topics below.
To ensure safe distancing and self-isolating restriction adherence, instead of person to person interviews, you can do the interview in a virtual format such as skype, zoom, face time, or by telephone or email.
Interview someone from a different cultural background than your own to learn how his or her culture:
- • Perceives illness, including the meaning, causes, and treatment
- • Views both acute and chronic illnesses
- • Determine how his or her culture tends to view nurses
- • Discuss how the perceptions of the interviewee influence his or her health behavior, including when he or she seeks help and the type of practitioner he or she consults.
- • From your perspective of a nurse, describe how his or her perceptions differ from your professinal perspectives.
Consider one of the nursing theories, conceptual frameworks, or mid-range theories presented in the textbook and class.
- • Which philosophy/conceptual framework/theory/middle-range theory describes nursing the way you think about it?
- • What is your rationale for selecting this theory/framework?
- •Discuss how you could utilize the philosophy/conceptual framework/theory/middle-range theory to organize your thoughts for critical thinking and decision making in nursing practice.