Discuss the complications that might develop in this patient..
Each student will be assigned one of the case studies below. Your post should be approximately 250 words in length and contain substantive information that contributes to an understanding of the disorder under discussion. You may post graphics from online sources, but please do NOT simply cut and paste entire entries from the internet. You are expected to provide references for all the information cited.
1. Relate history to the diagnosis. What risk factors are present, and how does each predispose to disease?
2. Explain the cause of the disease in this patient.
3. How could this disease have been prevented in this patient?
4. Discuss the complications that might develop in this patient.
5. Discuss the treatments available to the patient.
6. What is the probable prognosis for this patient?
Case Study# 5: Linda, a 61-year-old woman discovers a lump in her breast. She visits her gynecologist who orders a biopsy, which reveals the presence of malignant cells. The woman is married, with one child who was born when she was 32. She reports that she breastfed her child for the first three months then switched to formula. She had her first period at the age of 14 and entered menopause at age 55. She smoked as a teenager but quit after a few years. She is about 40 pounds overweight and reports that she tends to eat fast food for lunch most weekdays. Her mother also had breast cancer. She has two younger sisters, but neither of them has been diagnosed with breast cancer.