Discuss the importance of sound HRM policies and procedures.. *Design a HRM policy manual.
*Discuss the importance of sound HRM policies and procedures.
Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes you feel are appropriate.
To: VP of Human Resources
Recently our company experienced an ethical violation because one of our employees leaked customer information on a social media Web site. In conjunction with this breach of ethics, our Director of Human Resources has requested an executive report that reviews the role of ethics in the HR profession.
As HR professionals, we are responsible for adding value to the organizations we serve and contributing to the ethical success of those organizations. We accept professional responsibility for our individual decisions and actions. We are also advocates for the profession by engaging in activities that enhance its credibility and value.
HR professionals are expected to exhibit individual leadership as a role model for maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct by being intentional and setting the standard and be an example for others and to earn individual respect and increase our credibility with those we serve.
- Be ethical; act ethically in every professional interaction.
- Question pending individual and group actions when necessary to ensure that decisions are ethical and are implemented in an ethical manner.
- Seek expert guidance if ever in doubt about the ethical propriety of a situation.
- Through teaching and mentoring, champion the development of others as ethical leaders in the profession and in organizations.
As human resource professionals, we are ethically responsible for promoting and fostering fairness and justice for all employees and their organizations. In addition, we should strive to create and sustain an environment that encourages all individuals and the organization to reach their fullest potential in a positive and productive manner.
- Respect the uniqueness and intrinsic worth of every individual.
- Treat people with dignity, respect and compassion to foster a trusting work environment free of harassment, intimidation, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ensure that everyone has the opportunity to develop their skills and new competencies.
- Assure an environment of inclusiveness and a commitment to diversity in the organizations we serve.
- Develop, administer and advocate policies and procedures that foster fair, consistent and equitable treatment for all.
- Regardless of personal interests, support decisions made by our organizations that are both ethical and legal.
- Act in a responsible manner and practice sound management in the country(ies) in which the organizations we serve operate.
HR professionals consider and protect the rights of individuals, especially in the acquisition and dissemination of information while ensuring truthful communications and facilitating informed decision-making. HR should also build trust among all organization constituents by maximizing the open exchange of information, while eliminating anxieties about inappropriate and/or inaccurate acquisition and sharing of information.
- Acquire and disseminate information through ethical and responsible means.
- Ensure only appropriate information is used in decisions affecting the employment relationship.
- Investigate the accuracy and source of information before allowing it to be used in employment related decisions.
- Maintain current and accurate HR information.
- Safeguard restricted or confidential information.
- Take appropriate steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all communicated information about HR policies and practices.
- Take appropriate steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all communicated information used in HR-related training.
In conclusion it is proposed that all employees within the Human Resources Department at Green Branch Coffee be required to complete annual training pertaining to the role of ethics in the HR profession. At the conclusion of each annual ethics training session that employees should be required to sign an acknowledgment form regarding their understanding and agreement with their ethical responsibilities while being employed with our company.
Assistant Director of Human Resources,
Green Branch Coffee