Discussion: Probability And Possibilities. Romans 14:5 (Amplified)
One man esteems one day as better than another, while another man esteems all days alike [sacred]. Let everyone be fully convinced (satisfied) in his own mind.
Probability refers to the statistical instance that an event will occur and refers to the frequency of it happening. It is the likeliness of recurrence in the sequence of time. When referring to positive instances in life everyone would like the probability to work in their favor. However, there are many events in a day that we wish would not happen at all let alone continually pop up. Probable is relative to the person living out the events. The probability of certain occurrences in life is solely based on the choices made by each individual. For example, if a man chooses to purchase a lottery ticket, there is a chance that he could win a lottery. The more tickets the man buys the more chances this person has of winning the prize and it could be said that the probability of his winning increases with each effort. But let’s say that there is another man who chooses to take the same dollar or five dollars each week and deposit into a high yielding savings account. Overtime the probability of this man having a nice little nest egg is highly likely. Both men invested in their future with the hope of success, but only one has truly increased the probability of his choice. Probability is a possibility for those who are able to make positive choices and good investments. An investment is anything set apart. It is sacred if you will. Sacred merely means devoted, faithful, and constant. However, it is totally up to the individual if the probability in life will yield the results they seek. When we invest a portion of our time to God, the probability that He will become involved in the possibilities of the day dramatically increases. Those who choose to dedicate a greater portion of their life to the Lord find that all of a sudden His Possibilities increase in likeliness as His Intervention in our everyday life becomes more evident until the day that we become totally vested in the potential of God’s Kingdom and surrounded by His Possibilities. The choice is yours. Will today be a day of probability and possibilities?
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Critique the relationship between integrity as described in the VBM and good decision making.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Prepare a discussion post that answers the following questions:
- What events have occurred in your life that led you to this program, but was improbable or unlikely?
- In retrospect, do any of these events now appear to be the Hand of God at work? Please explain your response.
- Your initial post should be 200 – 300 words long and is due by the fourth day of the workshop.
- Respond in writing to two of your classmates.
- Each written response should be 100 – 200 words in length and demonstrate a critical analysis of your classmate’s post.
- These responses are due by the end of the workshop.