Does Purdue Global have that accreditation?. This Competency Assessment assesses the following outcome(s):
HS100-1: Define the required education, certification, and credentials needed at the national and state level for a given health care profession.
For this Assignment, you will do research on the internet, conduct an online job search, and review the catalog link for your degree program, accessible from the Reading page.
Here are some helpful websites to get you started with your online research:
Using the information that you learn from online sources and the materials from the Reading, answer the questions that follow. You are encouraged to use this template to help you complete the Assignment.
- State your chosen degree program at Purdue University Global. If you are a campus student, please list your home campus.
- What is the national median salary for the specific job you want to pursue?
- What is the demand for jobs in your geographical area (or where you plan to live after graduation)?
- Are there any required professional certifications (besides the degree you will complete at Purdue Global) you will need in order to perform certain duties of the job? If so, how do you plan to meet the criteria for applying and obtaining the extra education?
- Are there certain program accreditations required from your educational institution to perform certain jobs in your chosen field? Does Purdue Global have that accreditation?
- What is the overall job outlook for your chosen field?
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 350 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.