draft of your Pro-Con Position Paper.
This week, you will complete the final draft of your Pro-Con Position Paper. Review the template provided and consider the feedback from your instructor and peers as you make edits and finalize your work.
The final draft should apply the following:
- An APA formatted title page
- An attention grabbing introduction to draw in the audience
- A well-written thesis that acknowledges both pro and con topics
- A formal tone, avoiding both 1st (I, me, my, we, our, us, mine) and 2nd (you, your) person point of view – no slang or contractions
- Either the alternating or divided pattern of organization, presenting both counterarguments and rebuttals
- Body paragraphs that include topic sentences, evidence, and concluding/connecting sentences
- Five incorporated scholarly sources, including at least two peer-reviewedsources, that support all assertions
- A conclusion that resolves the argument and applies a thought-provoking concluding technique
- In-text and reference page citations in APA format
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 4-5 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 5 scholarly resources, including at least two peer-reviewed sources)
This activity will be graded using the Pro-Con Position Paper Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 3, 7
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday