Encouragement Strategies To Increase Positive Student Behavior.
Effective teachers must be able to draw from a variety of strategies in order to respond to different, challenging student behaviors. Teachers can apply these strategies to remind students of expectations, redirect behavior, and positively respond to expected behavior in the classroom.
Review the Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) Example. Then, use the “Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) Template” to complete this assignment.
Identifying one student from the “Class Profile” who would benefit from additional intervention, complete a behavior intervention plan to include:
- Goals and how they will be measured
- Interventions and Frequency of Interventions
- Person Responsible
In a 500-750 word essay, describe strategies teachers can use to respond to challenging behavior during classroom instruction. Your essay should address the following topics:
- Describe and provide implementation examples of the following strategies: specific praise, choice making, effective group contingencies, contingent instructions, and time-out.
- Describe how or if these communication strategies can be used to motivate and encourage individuals with disabilities how to adapt to different learning environments.
- Discuss any cautions related to using each strategy.
- Describe the decision making process that teachers use when deciding how to intervene on challenging behavior when engaged in instruction.
Support your findings with a minimum of two scholarly resources.
APA style is not required but solid academic writing is expected.