Explain how the nurse educator can contact you later if necessary..
Nurse Educator Interview
At some point between weeks 2 and 4, you will conduct an interview with an experienced nurse educator following the assignment guidelines below.
- Dress and act professionally. Be punctual and organized.
- Take your typed questions with you. Ask only one question at a time.
- Be courteous and confident, and demonstrate your interest in the nurse educator’s comments. Strive to create a connection.
- Should you wish to quote any responses, get permission in writing.
- If you are using a tape recorder, check to make sure it is working over the course of the interview.
- If the nurse educator strays from topic, ask questions to steer the conversation back.
- Before concluding the interview, ask if there are any final comments or points the nurse educator would like to add.
- Do not extend the interview time beyond 30-minutes unless the nurse educator strongly encourages you to do so.
- Conclude the interview by thanking the nurse educator.
- Offer a copy of your final paper if the nurse educator wishes to have one.
- Explain how the nurse educator can contact you later if necessary.
- Ask for the nurse educator’s business card before leaving.
- Send a short thank you note to the nurse educator within a day or two after the interview.
- Keep the interview information on file for future reference. The nurse educator may be an important contact for you at some point in your career.