Governing in general: national and international relations. In this 8-10+ page paper (2000-2500+ words), students will discuss the impact of an emerging digital technology on individuals and their society. The paper will center on the idea of change. What changes are occurring in connection with the technology? Why and how are these changes occurring? To what extent are they disruptive?
First, you will choose an emerging digital technology and share it with me early in the semester through the Journal Assignment that will be due.
Then, you will do research on your topic and write a paper, using APA format, that explains what you learned. You may use first person (“I”). Your paper will include both of the following sections…
- A. Change in the development of relationships (you can focus on any or all of these types of relationships: acquaintances, friends, families, groups)
- B. Change in work (focus on any of these or work in general: jobs, businesses, corporations, careers, industries, economics)
…and any two of the following four sections
- C. Change in governing (focus on any of these or governing in general: national and international relations, laws, criminal justice, politics)
- D. Change in the culture (focus on any or all of these aspects of culture: ordinary behaviors, norms, values, beliefs, ethics)
- E. Change in entertainment (focus on any one or two of these or entertainment in general: music, TV, movies, books, magazines, games, new media)
- F. Change in social institutions (choose one or two as applicable to your project: education, libraries, medicine, religion, transportation systems, military).