Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violation’s.
Select a resolution agreement from the Health and Human Services’ 2018 OCR HIPAA Summary: Settlements and Judgements (Links to an external site.). For this assignment, you will provide an analysis on the HIPAA violation of patient health information (PHI) that was present in the case you selected. Be sure to include in-text citations and a reference entry for your chosen case from the Resolution Agreements page.
In your case analysis,
· Analyze the specific HIPAA privacy and security rules that were broken.
· Explain the penalties (if any) that were imposed as a result of the ruling on the case.
· Develop a health system improvement plan to include applicable Federal standards.
· Propose a risk analysis strategy addressing appropriate laws and regulations.
· Apply the lessons learned from this particular case to your Proposal and Final Presentation.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violation’s assignment:
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA 7 style.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly and/or peer reviewed sources, including a minimum of one from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library.
- Must document all sources in APA 7 style.
- Must include a separate reference page,
8. Use the template attached (labeled APA7) to complete the paper.