How digital or social media has transformed the communication of an idea information and arguments in society.. The purpose of this project is to demonstrate your understanding of the following course concepts:
1. How companies or organizations and individuals use digital or social media to effectively communicate ideas, information, arguments, and messages to achieve a specific goal.
2. How digital or social media has transformed the communication of an idea, information, and arguments in society.
3. Access, analyze, interpret, and evaluate digital media to foster learning and to guide decision-making.
4. Make responsible choices in the creation and consumption of digital media based on awareness of global, social, ethical, and legal contexts.
In this project, you will select a topic discussed in class from the list provided below, conduct additional research on the topic, and share this information in a research paper.
Project 3 consists of:
1. Project Requirements (topics and content to cover)
2. Paper Requirements (content organization)
3. Submission Requirements (how to submit your assignment)
4. APA Resources (how to cite and select sources)
5. Due Date Information and Late Policy
complete ALL THREE sections:
Topic 12: E-commerce (Week 7)
How Amazon Controls E-commerce: Amazon.com the Hidden empire: (online slideshow – 84 slides)
SECTION 1: SELECT ONE TOPIC FROM THE 12 TOPICS LISTED ABOVE
Answer the questions below:
Item 1: Which topic did you select?
Item 2: Why does this topic appeal to you?
NOTE 1: Section 1 should be the shortest section of your paper (10-15%).
SECTION 2: SUMMARIZE THE TOPIC YOU SELECTED USING CLASS RESOURCES
Discuss your topic as presented in class. This is a summary of all the resources used in class relating to the topic including online discussions.
Item 1: Summarize the information on the topic as presented in the class, using the Read & Watch resources AND any classroom discussion (online or f2f) of the topic.
Item 2: Is the topic you selected relevant in a course on digital and social media?Whether you answer yes or no, justify your answer.
Section 2 Sources: Include the source(s) as an in-paper citation and on your References page.
NOTE 2: Section 2 should comprise (30-40%) of your paper.
SECTION 3: CONDUCT ADDITIONAL RESEARCH ON THE TOPIC
Provide additional information on the topic you selected by locating TWO or MORE new resources (in addition to the resources provided in class) to expand your knowledge of the topic.
Item 1: What additional sources did you find on the topic you selected (list at least one)?
Item 2: Why is EACH resource you found (a) relevant, (b) credible, (c) accurate, and (d) unbiased based on what you learned from UMGC’s Guide to Evaluating Research Sources? Address a-d in your answer.
Item 3: What new information do the two new resources contribute to the topic as presented in class?
Section 3 Source: Include at least ONE SOURCE related to your topic that are NOTpresented, discussed, or posted in the weekly Read & Watch in class or posted in the 15 topic list above. Include these sources as in-paper citations and list them on your References page.
NOTE 3: Section 3 should comprise the majority of your paper (45-60%). This is where your primary focus should be.
1. Your paper must follow APA format guidelines throughout.
(A sample APA template for you to use is attached to the bottom of this page. It contains Latin placeholder text. Replace the text with your content).