How does the NIBRS system enhance or improve upon the UCR data? .
For this unit’s Complete assignment, write a comprehensive scholarly essay (minimum 1500 words) in which you analyze, explain, and apply these concepts related to crime mapping and data analysis for specific types of crime problems. You must incorporate and cite, using correct APA citation format, at least four different scholarly research sources. Be sure your essay demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections from this unit. In-text citations must be used in the body of your essay, and all research sources must be fully cited at the conclusion of your essay. Correct APA citation formats must be used.
Include the following elements in your essay:
- Design a crime mapping model for a specific type of crime problem. In describing your model identify and elaborate on units of analysis, types of unstructured and structured data, and any contextual data that might make the model more robust and successful in predicting crime patterns.
- Discuss the crime funnel and how this can inform how citizen’s think about and understand the frequency of crime. How the crime funnel influences the work of crime analysts and the process of crime mapping?
- Discuss the strengths and weakness of the UCR system. How does the NIBRS system enhance or improve upon the UCR data?
- Discuss the NCVS and how it might differ from these other data collection systems.
- Discuss the concept of victim precipitation. Describe two examples of either positive or negative behavioral examples of victim precipitation. How does this behavior affect the police response and investigation of these type incidents?