How? Is the article neutral? Why or why not?.
- Article (no more than one-month old) from reputable news source such as The New York Times or The Washington Post
Write a paper on a current event article that discusses restrictions on freedoms by a totalitarian state or an article on ethnic conflict within a nation. Summarize the article and explain why this issue is important to the global community. What outside influences might help change this issue? How? Is the article neutral? Why or why not?
Be sure to include a scanned copy of the article in your submission in addition to citations. Articles may not be more than one month old.
Writing Requirements (APA format). Refer to the APA manual.
- Length: 3 full pages (not including the title or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title and Reference page required
- APA cite article with link
- Scan copy of article required
The student uses a newspaper article which is not more than thirty days old and is on topic.
The student clearly describes all of the main points in the article.
The student identifies how the issue relates to the global community accurately with significant supporting details.
The student accurately evaluates the creditability of the source.
The student provides a detailed account of how outside forces could change the issue.
The paper is formatted and referenced according to APA standards.