Information Governance and Legal Functions. Chapter Eight (8): Information Governance and Legal Functions: According to the authors, Smallwood, Kahn, and Murphy, IG is perhaps one of the functional areas that impact legal functions most. Failure to meet them could be literally put an organization out of business or land executives in prison. Privacy, security, records management, information technology (IT), and business management functions are very important. However, the most significant aspect of all of these functions relates to legality and regulatory compliance from a critical perspective.
For this discussion, identify the industry you will be writing about in your final paper and discuss the regulatory compliance requirements that the company has to meet and the corresponding security, privacy, and records management functions that would need to be enabled for that organization. Remember to cite your sources and critically respond to two other learners.
A substantive post will do at least two of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide outside schoarly sources (for example, an article from the UC Library https://www.ucumberlands.edu/library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.