Information Technology & Data Analytics. Data Warehouses have historically been a very expensive product, reserved for big corporations. Vendors such as Teradata and Oracle have dominated the market for a long time. However, a “new wave” of data warehousing solutions have been targeting smaller companies with new offerings affordable to them. For this assignment, you will select one of these two options:
a.Compare Snowflake and Cloudera
b.Compare the cloud-based Data Warehouses Amazon Redshift and Google BigQuery.
Please read about them and answer the following questions:
- What is different about them, compared to the other major vendors?
- What is their main selling point?
- Do they have anything in common? What is it?
- Other than data warehouse, do they offer other products? Which ones?
- Can you name one or two other competitors of these two companies?
- If you were a decision maker at one of the Fortune 500, why would you choose any of these vendors over a proven vendor such as Oracle or Teradata?
Remember, you will only work on option (a) or (b). You do not need to do both.
- Individual assignments should not be longer than one page.
- You must use the assignment template
- Do not forget to add references. The list of references may be on a second page.
- Remember all assignments are reviewed to prevent plagiarism