Intended outcomes and possible unintended consequences in psychotherapy..
The health care think tank board of directors was intrigued by the introduction to your proposed research and has approved your choice of legislation as the focus of your investigation. Consequently, you have been given approval to proceed with the research. Your next step will be to conduct a review of the literature to determine the impact that your legislation has had on the industry and on various stakeholders, including patients.
Conduct a review of current literature related to the research question you developed in your Unit 3 assignment. Chapter 14 of the Teitelbaum and Wilensky (2019) text provides a robust discussion on structuring a policy analysis. Tips in this chapter may help you with this section of your work.
- Include at least 12 articles, with a focus on how your chosen legislation has affected health care facilities, health plans, communities, and various stakeholders, including patients. Seek literature that will help you answer your research question.
- Be sure that your review of the literature captures the diversity of views. Most policies are steeped in controversy, and few will agree on the benefits of a particular policy. The more recent the policy, the more likely you are to find diverse opinions.
- Summarize your findings from the literature. Consider organizing your literature review using subheadings to discern conflicting findings and viewpoints.
Document Format and Length
Organize your literature review as follows:
- Introduction and the topic legislation.
- Brief description of the search strategy you used to secure the needed articles.
- Historical overview or context for the legislation.
- Current context for the legislation.
- Intended outcomes and possible unintended consequences.
- Specific theme of how the legislation affected the specific element of health care (the “Y” part of your research question).
- Possible gaps in the legislation.
Your literature review should be 6–8 pages of content plus title and references pages.