locate a grand and middle-range nursing theory and examine the utility of your chosen theories for guiding research and practice..
In this assignment, you will locate a grand and middle-range nursing theory and examine the utility of your chosen theories for guiding research and practice.
You will locate one grand nursing theory and one middle-range nursing theory applied in a research study. You will examine how each theory was applied within the research study and then analyze the utility of grand and middle-range nursing theories to advance the discipline of nursing and its impact upon your advanced nursing practice.
For this Assignment, your paper must be 2 to 4 pages, not including the title and reference pages.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition
BE SURE TO READ THE GRADING RUBRIC PRIOR TO STARTING ASSIGNMENT
1. The introduction identifies the purpose of the assignment in a clearly stated fully formed paragraph of at least five sentences in length supported with relevant background and peer reviewed source support.
2. Examines the concepts and prepositions of a grand theory within the research study in a fully formed paragraph with peer reviewed source support.
3. Classifies and describes the middle-range theory as either descriptive, explanatory, predictive, or prescriptive theory within the research study with peer reviewed source support.
4. Fully describs the value and utlility of grand and middle-range nursing theories to advance the discipline of nursing and its impact upon your advance nursing practice with peer reviewed source support.
5. The conclusion restates the main idea, summarizing at least three subpoints, in a fully formed paragraph of a minimum of five sentences in length with peer reviewed source support.
6. Review for correct spelling, grammar, and APA formatting.
7. References must be evidence-based. Please keep websites, html documents, and PDF’s found on the internet to a minimum. Purdue asks students to use the Library to find evidence-based journal articles to use as references. Points will be deducted if references are not evidence-based per grading rubric.