Managing Employee Performance / Staffing The Organization. (1) Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes that you feel are appropriate. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of the Key Assignment draft that you will complete next week.
(2) Part 1 500-600 words
Matrix is interested in how performance management systems are designed effectively and how they adhere to legal requirements. Your supervisor Annalise has asked you to prepare a two-part executive report for the VP of HR that demonstrates some key factors to consider when designing a performance management system.
In Part 1 of the report due this week, Annalise has asked you to write 500-600 words that address the following questions about designing a performance management system:
- What is the importance of goal-setting when designing a performance management system?
- What is the role of a job description when designing a performance management system?
- How does performance management encourage employee development?
(3) 400-600 The discussion assignment for this week will be a review of the Key Assignment Draft from other students. Your first task is to post your Key Assignment draft to the discussion area so that other students will be able to review your work. Attach your document to your main discussion post, and include any notes that you feel are appropriate in the post. You are not being graded on your Key Assignment Draft at this point. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of your Key Assignment.
(4) 4 slides plus title and reference slides
Selecting the right person for an open position requires an analysis of all of the aspects of an applicant, including his or her past experience (knowledge, skills, and education), his or her application and resume, and the interview responses.
As a human resources recruiter, discuss with the hiring managers the importance of selecting the best candidates in your industry for the positions listed below. Be sure to consider matching the needs and culture of the organization. You may use the Career Services interviewing section to assist you with your project. Create a PowerPoint presentation of at least 4 slides (with 200-250 words of speaker notes per slide) plus title and reference slides that addresses the following:
- Provide a recommendation for the set of steps to be used in the recruitment process of a customer service representative for a streaming TV provider.
- What members of the organization will be involved in the recruitment process and what are their roles in the process?
- Discuss 3 types of interviews and give examples of each type. Which type will you use when interviewing the customer service representative?
- Develop a 4 interview questions that you would ask the customer service representative in the interview. Provide a mixture of questions and describe why you believe each type of question is important.