Mobilizing For Action Through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) Process..
The Research Paper is a ten- to twelve-page paper (excluding title and references pages) that provides the student the opportunity to investigate a specific natural disaster topic, apply graduate-level critical thinking to the presentation of the information, and utilize and synthesize appropriate current research for your selected topic. The Research Paper utilizes professional health care knowledge and skills and applies those proficiencies to the context of quality improvement and risk management by developing a natural disaster strategic plan for community health: Mobilizing For Action Through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) Process. The three-part Strategic Disaster Plan will be developed in Weeks 2, 4, and 6.
Review Chapter 3 in the textbook. In this final part, the students will take the strategic issues identified in Part II (Week 4) and formulate goal statements and strategies for addressing issues, resulting in development and adoption of an interrelated set of strategy statements. Lastly, an action plan with an evaluation timeline that identifies outcomes to be reached and what steps would be taken to ensuing adjustments in the strategy plan if needed. The final draft with all three parts will be posted together for a final grade.
The Research Paper:
- Must be ten to twelve double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least ten scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources published within the last five years, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Make sure you also present an action plan with an evaluation timeline that identifies outcomes to be reached and what steps would be taken to ensuing adjustments in the strategy plan if needed. You don’t have to present a perfect action plan. But at least you include some information to satisfy the requirement. If you need supplemental information on action plan, below is the website.
I also want to remind you of two gradable items listed in the rubric.
The Research Paper is Organized With an Introduction, Thesis Statement and Conclusion
Utilizes Professional Health Care Knowledge and Skills and Applies Them to the Context of Quality Improvement and Risk Management (Total: 7.00)
Introduction, in just one paragraph in less than ½ page, provides sufficient background on the topic and preview major points. In other words, you need to describe what will be covered in the paper. Be concise and to the point.
Your conclusion, in just one paragraph, should be a summary of your essay and should repeat the main ideas. Do not introduce new ideas in Conclusion. Since it is a summary, there should have no in-text citation.
Don’t forget to include the information regarding quality/risk management concepts, measures, and/or tools in your final paper.
If you have any question regarding your W6A, please feel free to contact me.