Non-Traditional Family Case Study.
Parenting Strategies Case Study
Access and read the “Non-Traditional Family Case Study” to complete the assignment.
Citing three to five scholarly sources, address the prompts in an assignment of 750-1,000 words:
- Explain the family structure described in the case study.
- Describe the unique challenges this family faces.
- Explain the differences and similarities between Lorraine’s cultural background and the current family culture she is in.
- How can Lorraine, Mike and John help build resiliency in Charlie and the twins to ensure their overall health and function in society?
- Lastly, imagine you are the mental health worker assigned to assist this nontraditional family system. Use the SAMHSA website to recommend two resources (parenting classes, resources for military families, etc.) this family could use to help the children cope with the family situation. Describe the resources and defend why they are beneficial to this family.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Lopes Write.