Nursing leaders need a workforce that can provide culturally competent care.
Nursing leaders need a workforce that can provide culturally competent care
Week two Discussion Assignment
Discussion Topic: Nursing leaders need a workforce that can provide culturally competent care. Besides, nursing’s goal is to create a workforce that reflects the population it serves. In our country, we have a multicultural population. Discuss ethical issues in transcultural health care with which staff might be confronted in various work settings (inpatient, clinic, hospice). Ethics, whether philosophical, religious, or spiritual, is the study of morality, good and evil, and the rights and wrongs of human behavior and decision-making. One cultural group might find itself in a healthcare system that is based on the values of a different culture.
- Must address the topic.
- Rationale must be provided.
- May list examples from your own nursing practice.
- 150-word minimum/250-word maximum without the references.
- Minimum of two references (the course textbook must be one of the references) in APA format, must have been published within last 3-5 years.
- Upload by Thursday, week # 2
- Each student must respond to two student’s original post by day seven. This grade is a compilation of the original post and the response post. Please see the discussion topic rubric with responses in the course documents folder.