Please explore slavery in US History.. *Specifics will be provided
*Use of primary and secondary resources-specific resources have to be used.
1. Please explore slavery in US History. (1) Explain the origins of slavery in the American colonies, (2) the realities of slavery (e.g. their lives, abuse, economies, etc), (3) and its role in causing the Civil War, referencing at least two Conflicts or Compromises that resulted in the Civil War. Please use evidence from your textbook, primary source readings, lectures, videos to support your argument. Be flexible in your thinking, as answers are everywhere.
· This essay must be a MINIMUM 8-11 paragraphs (a paragraph is 3-5 complete sentences, not fragments, not bullet points). 1 paragraph of introduction, 6-9 paragraphs for the body, 1 paragraph of conclusion. You can write more if needed.
· Each essay must include a thesis statement. You need to make an actual argument that needs to be supported with facts.
· Each essay needs to rely on evidence found in classroom lectures, our textbook, and the OER textbook. YOU MAY NOT use outside sources, like the internet, without prior approval. Another thing that we watched is Many Rivers to Cross movie on Amazon Prime.
· You must use a primary and secondary source. Lectures do not count.
· You must cite where you got each piece of evidence [For Example: “The Boston Tea Party happened on December 16, 1773” (US History, pg 130) or “Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address avoids discussion the role of slavery in the Civil War (“Gettysburg Address” in Created Equal) or “The City on a Hill Speech was based off Matthew 5:14” (Early Colonial Life Lecture)]
· Include a works cited page.
· Use MLA Style citations