Policies pertaining to a specific legal decision or sequence of decisions. As a consultant or researcher, you might be hired to conduct a literature review to inform the court or other legal personnel about a topic that is relevant to a legal case. This literature review might include the following features:
- An historical summary of case law, legislation, and policies pertaining to a specific legal decision or sequence of decisions
- A summary of research findings that are relevant to the specific legal decision(s)
- An analysis of how the research findings have either affected legal decisions or could affect legal decisions
- An analysis of how a proposed legal decision could impact social change
You could contribute to this project by a literature review that includes the following:
- A summary of relevant case law and legislation at the national level and in relevant jurisdictions, e.g., other states and counties that have passed laws similar to the one to be drafted
- A summary of research findings about recidivism rates for minors who have not been transferred and those who have been transferred to an adult court, developmental psychology research findings that have addressed adjudicative competency of minors to face charges in adult court, research findings about mental health problems presented by minors and whether these will be addressed if the minor is transferred to adult court, etc.
- An analysis of how research findings have impacted or could impact legislation that proposes to transfer minors to adult court to face charges
- An analysis of how legislation to transfer minors to adult court could impact social change
In a 12- to 16-page (excluding title page, abstract, and references), explore the evolution of a forensic psychology topic based on legal cases.