Religion and Social Conflict.
Religion and Social Conflict
APA format. Scholar authors. Use references that is provided. Please read all instructions before start the assisgnment.
2- to 3-paragraph Discussion post in which you do the following:
1. Explain one particular current event or issue in the Middle East in which the religion(s) of the area affect other people’s perceptions of that religion in a negative way.
2. Contrast your perceptions of this issue and the religions involved before this course with your perceptions now that you know more about the religion(s) involved. Has anything changed? Why or why not?
3. Conclude with what you can do with your knowledge of these religions to put Middle Eastern events into a more objective perspective for yourself and for others.
Kurtz, L. R. (2016). Gods in the global village: The world’s religions in sociological perspective (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Chapter 8, “Religion and Social Conflict”
- “The Politics of Heresy” (pp. 293–324)