Social factors that contribute to health effects.
- Review the article, The Biopsychosocial Model 25 Years Later: Principles, Practice, and Scientific Inquiry. Think about how and why the biopsychosocial model was created. Also, consider the role of a patient’s subjective experience in the diagnosis and treatment of health issues.
- Review the remaining articles on the biopsychosocial model. Think about how biological, psychological, and social factors affect the health and wellness issues addressed in the articles.
- Select one health issue from the following list:
- Migraine headaches
- Postpartum depression
- Substance abuse/addiction
- Eating Disorder (anorexia, bulimia)
- Identify biological, psychological, and social factors that contribute to the health issue you selected.
- Reflect on how the person’s subjective experience may influence the mitigation or severity of the health issue you selected.
Describe the health issue you selected and identify key contributors or factors, based on the biopsychosocial model, that could contribute to the development of the issue (be sure to include all three aspects of the model). Then describe the role of subjective experience and how it could influence the mitigation/severity of the issue.