Specific correction and individual feedback to fictional pieces of work.
A 4 page “Review-of-the-Literature” (double-spaced; one inch margins, with font 12) for each section of assigned readings/materials is mandatory. There are a total of 5 Reviews (one review for each section of the syllabus). A minimum of 4 pages (no more than 6 pages) is required for each review.
Please note that these reviews are not meant for specific correction and individual feedback, but to ensure active and consistent reading of the assigned materials and effective engagement. You will not be graded based on agreement or disagreement with the authors or personal preferences, but on your overall grasp of the issues addressed and most importantly in accordance to the format provided below. A successful completion and timely submission of these 5 reviews constitute 70% of the grade (70 points in total; each review 14 points).
The Reviews must follow this Format/Content:
- Content: All the readings and videos for each section of the syllabus should be covered in the Review for that section. One page minimum of the review must address the material from the Viotti and Kauppi textbook. The degree of attention and space you devote to the remaining required readings or videos is up to you. The point is not to write a detailed summary of the readings and videos, but to identify the key and salient points/main ideas of each author’s findings and assertions. Your grade for each review will depend on: a) the comprehensiveness of your coverage, i.e., the inclusion of the assigned readings and required videos, b) meeting the minimum of required pages, and c) following the format provided here.
- Writing format: You can, but you do not need to, write these reviews in essay format; you can also simply name the author and identify key arguments/points that you think are most important in that particular reading or video using bullet format.
- Length: A minimum of a 4 page Review (no more than 6 pages) on the required readings/materials for each Section is mandatory. The Review must be typed double-spaced, with one-inch margins and font 12 format.
- Must Bold the names of authors/speakers.
- Read the readings and write the reviews in the sequence in which they appear on the Syllabus to maintain the flow of your engagement with each topic.
- Avoid long quotations.
Please note, all readings and videos must be addressed on the paper
Videos needed for the assignment: