Structural Family Therapy Role Play. divided into two parts. The first part is a self-reflection of the case you will review, and the second part allows you to consider how to apply theory to this case.
For this assignment, revisit the Structural Family Therapy Role Play video located in the resources area for this week. As you watch it, try to erase what you have learned thus far about theory, and then answer these questions based on your own reflections, ideas, understanding of human behavior, etc. For Part One of this week’s assignment, via audio or video, you will reflect on the following questions:
1) From your own perspective, what is the “presenting problem” in this scenario, and why would you label this as the biggest problem in this couple’s relationship?
2) What do you see about the man and the woman in this example that play a role in how the problem became as big as it is?
3) What do you notice or hear as the therapist talks to the couple that you would define as “context” to the problem (e.g., client’s background, race, religion, and other cultural differences)?
4) Using either SPAMO or SMART goals, provide at least two examples of questions you would ask in order to learn more about the client’s goal for therapy.
5) If you were to label a direction for therapy in the future, what would you say is the most important direction for therapy (e.g., what would your perception of one major goal be)?
Record your audio or video using Kaltura Capture. A Kaltura Capture tutorial is provided in the weekly resources.