The 2020 Presidential election is perhaps the most important election in the history of the U.S..
The 2020 Presidential election is perhaps the most important election in the history of the U.S. for the following reasons:
- As American voters go to the polls hundreds of thousands are dying from and millions are infected from the coronavirus pandemic. Recent statistics shows that 230,696 people have died so far from Covid19 in the U.S. alone, while 9.2 million people are infected. In addition the number of hospitalizations rate has continue to rise. It is expected that the number of infections is likely to increase during the polls as voters are highly likely to get infected from polling booths, public transportations and other crowded places.
- The levels of racial bigotry and violence has worsen under the current presidency. The murder of George Floyd has sparked unprecedented mass demonstrations across the country and the Black Lives Matter movement has taken center stage in the fight for racial justice and equity. The number of Covid 19 infections and fatalities have shown to have disproportionately affected communities of color. Race, racialization, racism and racial hatred is pervasive.
- Hundreds of thousands of people have been affected by wildfires and cyclones and homelessness has skyrocketed.
- There are unprecedented levels of fear, uncertainties and anxieties across the board. People from all walks of lives are fearful.
- The economy is in shambles.
Write a reflection on the 2020 Presidential Election.
- What do you see?
- Why is this election important to you?
- What are the issues that are most important to people in this election?
- What are your fears and optimism in this election?
- Who do you think will win and why?