Using the concepts of statistical information. Consider one of the following current social issues – or one of your choice:
- Gun violence
- State your position on one of these issues – are you for, against, or neutral? Explain why. Avoid vagueness or ambiguity in your response. Make your position very clear.
- Examine how you have formed that opinion.
- How well do you think you know the facts?
- Do you know and understand statistical information that applies to the issue?
- Do you think you have formed your opinion using only System-1 thinking, or have you applied System-2?
- What part have heuristics, cognitive bias, and dominance structuring played in how you have formed your opinions?