What challenges might you face in communicating with families of different cultures?.
USe one of the links to complete this assignment
Culture influences learning. How children are raised affects how they learn. Effective educators consider the various learning needs of the students, or their culture, when planning for instruction.
For this assignment, identify a birth to Pre-K child care center, and observe an infant/toddler classroom and a preschool classroom environment within the same center. During your observations, answer the questions on the “Clinical Field Experience A: Observation Log.”
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
After observing the two classrooms, write a 250-500 word comparison of the learning environments. Address the following questions:
- How will you develop clear lines of communication with families to ensure diverse learning needs are met?
- What challenges might you face in communicating with families of different cultures?
- How could you integrate diverse cultures into your future classroom in order to develop a positive learning environment?
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Document the locations and hours you spend in the field on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
Submit the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form to the LMS in the last topic. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.
Students may complete required practicum/field experience hours by watching supplemental videos that align with the practicum course, assignment(s), and student’s program (i.e. Teacher Tube, Teacher Channel, YouTube) to count towards the required practicum/field experience
hours. As of now, if the student chooses this option, the course instructor will sign as the mentor teacher on the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
Please review the following list of helpful resources and links to sites where students can access supplemental videos or experiences for practicum/field experience hours (not student teaching course requirements).
· TeacherTube: https://www.teachertube.com/
· YouTube (search for teaching and lesson videos to supplement): https://www.youtube.com/
· The Teaching Channel: https://www.teachingchannel.com/
· ASCD: Professional Learning & Community for Educators: http://www.ascd.org/Default.aspx
· Edutopia: https://www.edutopia.org/
· The Teachers Network: http://www.teachersnetwork.org/